Hi there future competitor!
I know you are anxious to begin training for your first figure or bikini competition! That’s why I put together this guide for you to get started on the right track. Inside this “competitor tool kit” you’ll find all the secret weapons you need to win your first competition!
All of the links below are suggestions based on my experience successfully coaching thousands of newbies to the stage for the first time. I hope they are useful for you, enjoy!
–>>CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD THE COMPETITOR TOOL KIT <<–
–Take the Stage Ready Quiz
–Figure Prep Plan
–Figure Sample Budget
Figure & Bikini Federation
*You can search by state
The National Physique Committee
The Natural Muscle Network
Natural Bodybuilding Events
Training Tools for Success
–Body Fat Analyzer
–Online Food & Exercise Journal
–Digital Food Scale
–Digital Weight Scale
–Digital Measuring Tape
–Food Prep Containers
–Food Prep Travel
–Gloves and Straps
–Timer (for rest & tempo)
–Heart Rate Monitor
Whey Protein (dairy)
Plant Based Protein (non-dairy)
Fatty Acids (fat loss)
Final Presentation Pieces
Tanning & Bikini Bite
Disclaimer: Before starting any exercise or diet program, consult with your physician to ensure you are healthy enough to train and/or consume any recommended supplements. The advice provided is not meant to replace medical advice from your doctor or other health care professional. We receive a small referral fee for many of the products mentioned through Amazon and Ion Fitness. We are not responsible for any actions arising from purchasing or using these products or services.
Congratulations on your decision to enter a figure competition!
There is a huge sense of accomplishment when you finally step on that stage. But of course you also want to win right?
Before you get knee deep into your prep, I want to share 5 secrets I learned that can help you become a figure champion!
1. Pick the right show and class. If you are new to figure training and competing, you want to pick a local show. This means its not a national or pro qualifier. You don’t want to get on stage for the first time with ladies who have been competing for a while. Local shows will be in smaller venues and less athletes in each class. The biggest part of competing is confidence. I would suggest you stick to newbie classes like debut or novice to help the judges properly evaluate you with similar physiques.
2. Don’t compromise your training. There is no next workout, its about right now! Each session is a chance for you to get closer to your goal. Skipping exercises/sets, going light, being distracted, etc. will have you coming up short on stage. The same goes with your diet. If you are making “bad food choices” then expect that you won’t get stage ready. You can’t make it up by doing more cardio! Get your mind right before you even start your prep.
3. Monitor your progress. Set realistic goals for your first competition. Once you map out how many weeks it will take, track your measurements and progress consistently. You can’t wait until the final 30 days before your competition and realize you are not ready! If you created the right strategy, your lean muscle mass will be increasing and your body fat will be decreasing. Don’t forget to take weekly photos which is one of the best ways to see if you are making progress. The numbers are one thing–but its how you look that matters to the judges!
4. Focus on yourself and not the competition. Yes, there will be 5-15 ladies in your class on average but don’t worry about them! They were not in the gym with you these past 16 weeks lol. You can get caught up checking out other athletes and comparing your progress to theirs but that will only stress you out. Focus on getting yourself stage ready. Its good to look at the previous winners but remember, more than likely, they won’t be on stage this time! The judges base their top 5 decision on who showed up and presented the best overall package. Get to the venue with your body and don’t second guess yourself!
5. Be comfortable on stage. One thing I learned (and still remind myself) is that the BEST body doesn’t always win. So many things can happen once you step into that little box in front of the judges. Your posing and presentation gets the judges attention to your physique. Now it’s time to show them why you deserve to win. Make posing practice a part of your training early. If you can, sign up for group posing classes to get comfortable on stage with other figure girls. Make eye contact and connect with each of the judges and smile! It should look like you are having fun (even if you feel like fainting lol).
Winning competitions begins with a strategy. Schedule a free call with me to map out the right show and how to land in the Top 5!
Got a sweet tooth figure girl?
Here is a guilt-free recipe I got from Cheryl Davis, IFBB Figure Pro. It’s loaded with protein and chocolaty goodness!
1 scoop of chocolate ultimate muscle protein (UMP)
1/2 tsp bking powder
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup apple sauce or 1/2 large banana (I used Natural Motts Applesauce)
2 tbsp sugar free & fat free cool whip
Preheat oven to 350. Mix protein powder, baking powder, vanilla extract, and apple sauce/banana in a bowl. Slowly stir in water until you get somewhat thinner consistency of cookie dough. Spray a baking sheet with oil spray. Pour 2-3″ round amounts of the mix onto the tray and bake for 5-7 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes.
Add fat free cool whip in between the two “cake” pieces, put in the fridge for 10 mins or enjoy instantly!
Calories 174, 18g carbs, 20g protein, 4g fat, 2g sugar, 2g fiber