Being a vegetarian doesn’t mean you can’t compete in figure! Here are my top veggie friendly options for muscle building.
1. Legumes – beans
2. Nuts & Seeds – sunflower, almonds
3. Dairy Products – cottage cheese, Greek yogurt
4. Cereal & Food Grains – whole grains
5. Algae – Spirulina
6. Vegetable/Soy Protein Powders
7. Seitan – made from whole wheat and water (gluten)
8. Vegetables – broccoli, cauliflower, peppers
9. Eggs – white or brown
10. Fruit – peaches, strawberries, and bananas
Although these items are vegetarian, you still need to track the carbohydrate, calorie, and fat content to stay within your training nutritional goals.
Ready to compete? Click here