|Vegetable – Asparagus Tips (Raw), 8 oz|
|Kroger – Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tbsp.|
|Yellow – Onion, 0.33 Medium Onion|
|Spices – Basil, fresh, 6 leaves|
|Generic – Garlic Clove, 1 clove (3 g), thinly sliced|
|Generic – 2 Tablespoons of Slivered Blanched Almonds, 1 tablespoons|
|Generic – Organic White Quinoa, Cooked, 0.25 cup|
|Generic – Grated Ginger, 1 tablespoon|
|Lemon Juice – Fresh, squeeze 1/2 lemon once|
|Broccoli – Broccoli Steamed, 1 cup|
|Mung beans bean sprouts, mature seeds, raw, 0.5 cup|
|Spices – Crushed Red Pepper Flakes, 0.5 tsp
Vegetable – broth, organic low/no sodium, 2 cups
- Cook quinoa – add 2 cups of vegetable broth in pot. Add 1 cup white quinoa. Add lemon juice and ginger. Bring to boil. Cook for 15 minutes or so. Put it aside.
- In a steamer – steam broccoli to serve at the same time with meal
- In skillet, add 1 TBS of EVOO on medium high heat.
- Add onions, garlic, almonds, basil, and asparagus – tossing together until brown
- Put on plate. Add bean sprouts in skillet and cook or 1-2 minutes to get a bit soft, don’t overcook.
- Serving size of the cooked quinoa on my plate (pictured above) and in these macros is 1/4 cup.
- Sprinkle the red pepper flakes over asparagus and quinoa for a little kick.
Calories 333 | Carbs 37g (only 10 came from quinoa) | Protein 10g | Fat 16g | Sugar 9g
Please note: You can adjust based on your training needs, but it changes the macros 🙂