Whether you are training for a show or just want to get the body of a competitor…the diet can be a challenge. This recipe includes sweet potato and lentils for the carbs. So if you are tired of brown rice and baked sweet potato–you are going to love this soup. I hope this helps you think outside the box when creating your meals.
Adjustments: This has NO meat protein. You could add if desired but will change the macros. Depending on which phase of training you are in, you can reduce the carbs if needed. You can eat half servings or use less lentils–which is 75% of the carbs in this meal.
- 1 cup, Sweet Potatoes – 1 Cup
- 1 cup, 1 Cup of Carrots
- 0.50 Onion, Onion (Large)
- 3 stalk, small (5″ long), Celery, raw
- 0.75 cup, yellow or red Lentils (Dry)
- 1 tbsp(s), Ginger root – Raw
- 1 tsp (2g), Curry Powder
- 1 tsp, Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp, Vegan Butter
- 2 cloves, Garlic, raw
- 0.50 lemon yields, Lemon juice – Raw
- 0.50 cup, Chopped
1. Combine the sweet potato, carrots, celery, onions, lentils, ginger, 3/4 teaspoon curry powder and 1 teaspoon salt in a 4-to-6-quart pot. Add 6 cups water and stir, then cover bring to a boil. Then cook on low heat for 2 hours.
2. For the final 15-20 minutes of cooking, remove the lid and turn up heat to medium-high. This will thicken your soup.
3. Stir the soup vigorously with a whisk to make a rough puree. Thin with hot water, if too thick.
4. Melt the vegan butter in a small skillet over medium-high heat. Add the garlic and the remaining 1/4 teaspoon curry powder and cook until the garlic is slightly toasted, about 1-2 minutes. Stir the curry mixture into the soup and add the lemon juice, and cilantro. You can serve with lemon wedges.
Makes 4 equal servings
Per serving: Calories 235 | Fat 3 g | Sodium 533mg | Carbohydrate 39g | Fiber 15 g | Protein 11g
Get my Figure and Bikini Prep diet & training program here.