- 1 cup dry lentils
- 3 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) cans of low-sodium peeled Italian tomatoes ( cut up)
- 1 cup peeled chopped potato (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped carrot
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped celery (optional)
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley
- 1 tablespoon dried basil ( crushed)
- 1 garlic clove ( minced)
- 1 dash pepper
- Rinse and drain the dry lentils.
- In a saucepan combine the lentils, chicken broth, tomatoes, potatoes, carrots, celery, parsley, basil, garlic, and pepper.
- Simmer for 45-50 minutes until lentils and vegetables are tender, stirring occasionally.
Makes 4 servings, 1 hour to cook (great for crock pot)
Macros (approximate based on your subs/swaps)
20g protein | 48g carbs | 2g fat | 323mg sodium
*You can cut carbs by omitting the potatoes OR eating half the serving size.
*This meal is great for pre-workout energy